Media Contact FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Medical News announces 2012 MediStar Award finalists
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (April 25, 2012) Medical News today announced the finalists for the sixth annual MediStar Awards. Since 2007 these awards have recognized excellence in the business of healthcare by honoring healthcare professionals for their achievements in advocacy, innovation, education, leadership, design, humanity and meeting consumer needs. The Physician of the Year award is also announced at the event.
Ben Keeton, publisher of Medical News, said, “We extend our congratulations to the selected MediStar finalists. Medical News received over 80 nominations for this prestigious event. Each of our nominees this year is indeed a ‘star’ in their own right, and each finalist is the ‘best of the best’ among these fine nominees.”
This year’s MediStar Awards will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Medical News as well as feature networking with more than 500 healthcare professionals and executives, a cocktail reception and the presentation of eight awards.
The ceremony is sponsored by the Sullivan University System. Other sponsors are Seven Counties Services, Hall Render, Crowe Horwath, ARGI Financial Group, Stites & Harbison, UofL Healthcare, America’s Health Insurance Plans and Floyd Memorial Hospital.
Winners will be announced at the MediStar Awards on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Louisville. Below is a complete list of finalists.
The Hall Render Leadership in Healthcare Award
Presented to an individual or organization demonstrating outstanding leadership in the business of healthcare.
- Norton Healthcare
- Michael W. Bukosky, University of Louisville Physicians
- Helen Overfield, American Diabetes Association
The Crowe Horwath Innovation Award
Presented to an individual or organization that has positively impacted healthcare delivery costs through the development, design or implementation of new technology.
- Kentucky Health Information Exchange
- Roberto Bolli, M.D., Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s Healthcare, a part of KentuckyOne Health
- UofL Health Care Supply Chain
Presented to an individual or organization that is an effective advocate at the local, state or national level concerning issues such as, but not limited to, access to care initiatives that support healthy lifestyles.
- Vasti Broadstone, M.D., Floyd Memorial Joslin Diabetes Center Affiliate
- Therese Sirles, Kosair Children’s Hospital
- Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky
The ARGI Financial Physician of the Year Award
Presented to a physician who has demonstrated outstanding leadership on a local, state or national level to improve accessibility, affordability and quality of healthcare in our region.
- Madonna Ringswald, D.O., Baptist Hospital Northeast
- Kerri Remmel, M.D., Ph.D., University of Louisville Hospital Stroke Center
- Scott Hedges, M.D., Seven Counties Services
The AHIP Consumer First Award
Presented to an individual or organization that has demonstrated the most “consumer friendly” program or facility.
- CenterOne, Seven Counties Services
- Recovery Mall at Eastern State Hospital
- Mary Haynes, Nazareth Home
- James Graham Brown Cancer Center Mobile Mammography Unit
The A.O. Sullivan Award for Excellence in Education
Presented to an individual or organization that has developed and implemented programs which increase the level of knowledge, education, and career opportunity in healthcare.
- UofL Pediatrics – Forensic Medicine
- Carol Fout-Zignani, Norton Healthcare
- ULH Nurse Residency Program
Presented to an individual or organization that through its mission and its actions has improved availability and/or access to healthcare services for our region’s under served or vulnerable populations.
- Christian Care Communities
- Supplies Over Seas
- Kelly Gunning, NAMI Lexington
- UofL School of Dentistry/RAM
The Facility Design Award
Presented to an individual or organization that has designed, built or implemented the most innovative facility within the region.
- Kosair Children’s Medical Center, designed by LMH Architecture
- Home of the Innocents, designed by Michael Koch & Associates
- University of Louisville School of Dentistry, designed by Luckett & Farley
Please contact Sally McMahon at (502) 813-7403 or email@example.com for more information about each finalist.
The 2012 MediStar AwardsHyatt Regency Louisville
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
4:30 p.m. - registration and networking
5:00 p.m. - awards presentation
6:00 p.m. - cocktail reception
* * *
1044 East Chestnut St. | Louisville, KY | 40204 | (502) 333-0648 | firstname.lastname@example.org